Pittington Village Hall will be holding it’s Autumn Show on Saturday 21st September 2013.
Competition entries need to be in by 11am, the show opens at 1:30pm and the presentations will be held at 3.30pm. Entry to the show and all competitions are free of charge!
All entries to be brought to the committee room by 11 am on Saturday
All vegetables to be grown in the parish
- Best Leek – freshly pulled, maximum two, any size
- Best Onion – white onions, freshly pulled, maximum two.
- Best Carrot – maximum of 3, any size
- Best Bloom – single flower.
- Funny shaped vegetable – single item, any vegetable.
- Best sponge cake – not iced.
- Best scone – maximum of 3.
- Best home-made jam – single jar, any flavour.
Childrens’ competitions (prize for each entry)
- Painting – a picture in paints, on paper.
- Decorated paper plate – own choice of decoration.
- Decorated cup cake
- Decorated sponge cakeHandwriting – sheets available in village hall. Primary school children only.
- Best Photograph – can be mounted, unframed.
- Best Pet Photograph – can be mounted, unframed.
Entries for the gardening categories must be grown in the parish. Children’s classes will be split into primary and secondary age groups and are open to children living or attending school within the parish.
Judging will take place from 11am.
Activities and Entertainment
Pittington Brass Band will open the show and following them there will be demonstrations from regular Village Hall users including Bokwa, Judo and Dance Fusion.
We will be running children’s crafts in the canteen including decorating biscuits.
There will be a range of refreshments available in the hall including Cream Teas and ice creams. There will also be a raffle in aid of the Village Hall.
Weather permitting we will have the bouncy castle, tuck shop and other activities running outside.
As this is the first year for quite some time that we have run this type of event, feel free to let us know what you think of the format and if there are other things you would like to see!