Following the success of the inaugural Autumn show last year, Pittington Village Hall will be holding it’s 2014 Autumn Show on Saturday 27th September.
Competition entries should be brought to the hall between 9:30am and 11am, the show opens at 1:30pm and the presentations will be held at 3pm. Entry to the show and all competitions are free of charge!
All entries must be brought to the committee room by 11 am on Saturday morning.
All vegetables to be grown in the parish
- Best Leek – freshly pulled, maximum two, any size
- Best Onion – white onions, freshly pulled, maximum two.
- Best Carrot – maximum of 3, any size
- Longest Runner bean
- Best Bloom – single flower.
- Funny shaped vegetable – single item, any vegetable.
- Best sponge cake – not iced.
- Best scone – maximum of 3.
- Best home-made jam – single jar, any flavour.
Childrens’ competitions (prize for each entry)
- Painting – a picture in paints, on paper.
- Decorated paper plate – own choice of decoration.
- Decorated cup cake
- Decorated sponge cake
- Vegetable sculpture
- Handwriting – sheets available in village hall. Primary school children only.
- Best Photograph – can be mounted, unframed.
- Best Parish Photograph – can be mounted, unframed.
Entries for the gardening categories must be grown in the parish. Children’s classes will be split into primary and secondary age groups and are open to children living or attending school within the parish.
Judging will take place from 11am.
Activities and Entertainment
Pittington Brass Band will open the show with a 45 minute concert. Competition entries will be available for viewing, along with the results.
We will be running children’s crafts in the canteen from 1:30 – 3pm.
There will be a range of refreshments available in the hall. There will also be a raffle in aid of the Village Hall.